Alcoholism and striving to be better: A letter from the creator

Honesty hour: Rough terrain came from something deeper and it needed to be released in a form of music or writing. Lyrics: https://www.last.fm/music/Destiny+Watson/_/Rough+Terrain/+lyrics "I've recently made the decision to open up more about my personal experiences. My father struggled with alcoholism, but he quit smoking when I turned 24 because his body started to reject itself. Now that I'm thirty and have a daughter of my own, I understand how important it is to prioritize our health and well-being for the sake of our loved ones. Unfortunately, many families tend to ignore members who struggle with addiction and pass the burden onto others. My mother and I learned this the hard way over the course of several decades. Taking care of someone with addiction while also trying to avoid falling into the same pattern can be incredibly challenging, especially when you come from a background of poverty that was largely caused by alcoholism. My mother worked three jobs just to make up for the income that was lost due to my father's addiction. Through counseling, I've come to understand how addiction affects families, and I've learned about the support that's available to help those who are struggling. I'm more than willing to help others overcome their addiction, but it's much more difficult to do so when the person in question won't commit to therapy."

Comments